Thursday, March 28, 2013

I suppose my first blog post should be me explaining why I am doing this. I'll start with high school. At the end of my senior year I decided I would try out for BYU's cheer team. I didn't prepare at all, I flew myself to Utah and went for it... and failed. I did not make the team. I was crushed. So I gave up on cheer completely. And had a horrible attitude toward anything "Cheer". Halfway through my freshman year I met someone who changed my life! He pretty much forced me to try out for cheer again, and I had ZERO desire to. But through many long tense conversations... I was convinced. And I decided that from that point on I was going to work my absolute hardest so if I didn't make it again... I could say I worked my hardest and did everything in my power. So I worked out every single day and made sure I ate healthy. It was not easy and at times I wanted to just quit and give up completely. But I didn't because I had a goal and I wasn't about to give that up. And sure enough.. I made the team. I have never felt happier in my whole entire life. And since that it has been rewarding and everything I wanted. And the reason why I am telling this story is because it shows how goals can be met if you put everything you have into it. And the other reason I will explain now. So, I made the team in April, but we weren't going to start practice until August. And that meant I had to keep myself in shape, and possibly get in even BETTER shape. So.. I hired a personal trainer, and met with him 3 days a week. And let me tell you.. I HATED him. (he is now one of my dearest friends) The reason I hated him was because he made me hurt, sweat, and want to die!!! But I kept faith and kept working with him and about halfway through the summer, I started to see my body change, and see that exercises I did earlier were easy! And that I was getting STRONGER! WHAT??? It was awesome. By the end of the summer I was bigger (in a good way) better, faster, and stronger than I was when I tried out. I freaking loved it! I was ready for cheer. And I had developed a serious passion for working out and personal fitness. Throughout my sophomore year of college up to now my "gym knowledge" has sky rocketed and I have become obsessed. I love it. And I want everyone to love it. And I think that is why I decided personal training was for me. Not because I love to workout but because I LOVE to see other people succeed. There is nothing better than seeing someone achieve their goals!! Because I know how awesome it feels. And that is why I have this blog. I want to take it one step further.. This blog is for anyone and everyone. I will post my own progress, as well as my client's progress, recipes, favorite work outs, motivational quotes, etc. I am so excited to see where this goes and how many people I can influence. 

Now that you're done reading this.. get up and MOVE!

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment